Oh, fresh cherries…I am not done with you yet! I am going to make the most of you while you’re in season, eating these glittering jewels by the bagful; baking them into a pie, smashing them into a cocktail. Cherry season is too short, so I shall make hay while the sun shines.
This drink is so smooth. A perfect balance of sweetness and strength. Just like Dad. I made this cocktail with both white vermouth and red vermouth and they both resulted in a really fine drink. The red vermouth brings out the deeper, darker cherry notes and the white vermouth is bright and sweet. You can’t go wrong with either one.
So, make your Dad (or whoever represents a father in your life) a drink and let him relax today–he deserves it!
Cherry Drop Martini
- 4-5 fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Lemon Peel
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 ounces Hendericks Gin
- 1/2 ounce vermouth (rosso or bianco, your choice)
- Muddle the cherries, a 1-2 inch piece of lemon peel and one teaspoon of sugar in the mixing glass of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the gin, vermouth and lemon juice and fill the shaker with ice. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a chilled glass.
- Serve with a lemon twist or a cherry if desired.