How great is this cocktail? It’s so great that you just might forget that there is any alcohol in it and maybe drink it way too fast and then wonder where you left your shoes! I found the recipe for this Raspberry Lemon Martini on my friend Lori Rice’s blog during the week and I knew I had to make it immediately! The color was bright and springy and I just happened to have come home that day with a carton of beautiful raspberries and a bag of lemons! It was serendipity! It was so easy to prepare, so tasty and delicious, that I actually heard myself mumbling “yum, yum, yum” as I drank it! I really did drink it too fast, but I was at home, so it was all good–I just couldn’t remember where I put my shoes…
As with any cocktail, you’ll want to choose the freshest ingredients and use a good quality spirit. I used Grey Goose for this one. It comes together so quickly that you’ll be enjoying this one outside on your patio in 5 minutes flat!
Raspberry Lemon Martini
Source: Slightly Adapted from the Daily Squeeze
- 1/2 lemon cut into three slices
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces good Vodka, I used Grey Goose
- Additional sugar and lemon juice for rimming the glass
- Sprinkle sugar on a saucer, then run a wedge of lemon around the rim of a martini or cocktail glass. Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar, then place the glass in the freezer.
- Place the lemon slices, raspberries and one tablespoon of sugar into a cocktail shaker. With a muddler, muddle the ingredients together until the raspberries are well pulverized. Add the vodka and ice cubes to the cocktail shaker.
- Give the shaker a few quick shakes, then strain into your chilled glass.